You realize you are ready for a change. A splash of color, or a bold accent to bring life into a room. You finally DECIDE you want to revamp one or multiple rooms in the house. You have picked a color, found the perfect pillows, now all you need to do is get started. Right?
Along the way, you realize you need a few baskets, other than that you are all set. You have everything needed for your perfect oasis, and promise to get started once you get home from work. However, a few weeks later you realize that “idea” is just that.
You can do it, I believe in you! See the five tips below to get the ball rolling:
Write it down.
- List all the inspirations of the space being created
- What type of feel are you going for?
- What type of activities will be happening in this space?
- Will it be for you only or will family bypass this area?
All of these are key questions in your research process. Now that you have listed the details of the room and the vision is clear, you can move on to step two: inventory.
I agree it can be tempting to buy those cute baskets or containers when renewing a space. But, before you go container crazy try this:
- Take measurements first- trust me on this one. There is nothing worse than finding what you want, only to discover it doesn’t fit
- Have an immediate need for it before you buy it- either love it or leave it!
- Compare prices- shop around before making a final purchase
Set a date
- Set a start and finish date to share with your accountability partner. This person does not have to be perfect. They just need to be someone who will hold you responsible for your promises.
- Challenge yourself or put your money where your mouth is.
- Meaning, once you have the start and end dates, if you don’t meet a deadline you have to pay up.
- This will help you get started and meet your deadline.
Get to work!
Someday is NOT a day of the week. – Henry David Thoreau
- Be realistic with your goals when setting a timeframe for yourself.
- Post or frame the Vision to stay focused- there is nothing wrong with making a few changes along the way, but making a few major changes could delay the process all together.
- Know your peak zones- this is the time that you have the most energy and can basically do anything because your energy levels are at its best.
Celebrate your Success
Have a girl’s night in, host a family gathering or invite friends over to celebrate. Kudos to you for your tyme and efforts of sticking to the plan.
Until next tyme,
Be Happy. Be Organized. Be Awesome.